Monday, August 17, 2009

Finally an update







Hello to all from glorious Plano, TX. Okay, so it is August in Texas so "glorious" might not be appropriate, but we do enjoy our new digs. Bailey started full-time daycare today and she was sent home by 2:30 for excessive diarrhea! Go figure. She wasn't running a fever, and I KNOW she is teething, but nonetheless, she and her daddy will make a trip to the doctor tomorrow morning just to make sure she isn't really sick. You should see the diaper rash on this kid from all the diarrhea she has had the past few days. OUCH! I think we are just going to start rinsing her in the shower between diapers because she howls when a baby wipe even gets close to her little bottom. Pobresito.
Although this summer has come to an end, we did manage to sneak in a quick trip to Colorado to see the Blakes. We had a wonderful visit and even got to take in some sights during the day while Grandma played with Bailey. The top couple of pictures are from Colorado. The one with the Texas flag in it was taken on the Royal Gorge Bridge. Quite breathtaking, and a bit creepy to walk across because cars just drive right past you and make the boards shake under your feet. The one where Nick is "wearing" Bailey was taken at Cave of the Winds. This was outside the caves, but I think Bailey liked the caves. I thought they were pretty cool too (literally)!
I had to include the one where Bailey is sagging because it reminds me of my peeps at JLMS! Just trying to keep it real. hahaha! The others I included just because I have been so bad at updating this stinking blog and felt you should be rewarded with some preciousness just for being patient with me.
I would promise to do better, but not likely!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Cricket for updating. I was missing seeing Bailey. I love the last pic with her in the bath, so precious. We miss you, and wish you a very good year at your new school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear an update. We missed you already at the Long Family night! Bailey is so cute! Sorry about the first day of day care blues for her...hopefully it is nothing. Keep the updates coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cricket - she is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope you have a great year - and you better improve this BLOGGING thing because we all miss Bailey (and you and Nick) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Bailey Boo,

    It is okay, I am horrible at blogging too.

    Cricket, she i precious, when did she get so big. IT is so crazy, you blink and they grow up. GIve her a squeeze for me!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... it is time for another update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cricket, your Bailey is adorable! I keep looking for updates so I can see new pictures...hope all is well with you and your sweet family. Brenda Wildner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would know to know how things are going.

    ReplyDelete

Blake Family Foursome

Blake Family Foursome
This is our first picture of the four of us. Laura Sue took it on her short, but sweet visit a couple of weeks ago. I stole the pic from her blog!