Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My first Post


So I have officially joined the World of Blogging. I fought it off as long as I could, but after hearing numerous requests for updated Bailey pictures and daily activities, I decided a blog would be the easiest way to appeal to the masses. So here it goes.

January 20, 2009 is when it all began. Nick and I went to the hospital at 5:00 am ready to be induced. After checking in and the initial evaluations, we were ready to get started. I was placed on the contraction monitor. After an hour or so, the nurses decided Bailey was not reacting enough to the contractions. My doctor came by, we talked and then they broke my water. After they broke my water, the contractions were AWFUL! At first I thought I just had a high pain tolerance, but I was oh so wrong! Finally, I got an epidural and all was back on schedule. Bailey started reacting well, heartbeat was good and things were looking positive. Still no pitocin for me because at this point I was dilated to an 8 and they were still monitoring our progress. About an hour later, out of nowhere, Bailey's monitor started jumping around like crazy. The nurse came running in and asked what happened. Nick and I just looked at each other like, "What do you mean?" She immediately started ordering other nurses to get the doctor and to prep for a C-Section. From what I understand, Bailey was trying to come out but every time she moved she sabotaged the umbilical cord. Approximately 30 minutes later, at 11:23 am, little Miss Bailey Morgan Blake was born via C-Section. Turns out the cord was wrapped around her leg and she was sitting on it like a swing. Silly little girl. I think she was trying to use it as a jump rope since that was the unit were doing in my PE classes at school.

What we felt...I don't know that I can completely explain it with words. We went through so many emotions in the 5 hours we were waiting for Bailey's arrival. We were nervous, excited, scared, anxious, worried and then...when you hear that little cry. The sound every parent loves to hear during birth and then wishes to never hear it again. When Nick and I heard Bailey cry for the first time in the operating room, we just looked at each other and the tears started streaming. We were finally parents. Holy crap, we ARE parents!

Today Bailey is four weeks old. She is perfect in every way. I still have a hard time believing that she is ours. I think my Mom said it best when she said, "And if you could have gone to the store and picked one out, she is exactly what you would have picked!" I couldn't have said it better myself.

4 comments:

  1. cricket- so glad to find you via blogs. your Bailey is beautiful! like her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! welcome to the "blogger" world...i never thought i would really do it or keep up w/ it but it is my only way to really keep up w/ people...life gets so busy and it is a GREAT way to communicate just what is going on!!! anyway excited i can now see pics of miss bailey...are yall still planning on moving up here??? let me know where???

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious, thanks for sharing her today. Cherish your time home with that sweet baby because it flies by. Little girls are just so awesome, we need to have a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo excited that I finally got to hold little Pope Bailey. She is so sweet. They grow up so fast, enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete

Blake Family Foursome

Blake Family Foursome
This is our first picture of the four of us. Laura Sue took it on her short, but sweet visit a couple of weeks ago. I stole the pic from her blog!